Our towable division is staffed with licensed independent drivers who will pull travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, gooseneck trailers, and a variety of different types of towable freight to any delivery locations at the customer’s request.
- CDL or Chauffeur license (check with licensing state for state requirements)
- Copy of DOT physical Certificate (card) from DOT approved Doctor
- CDL Drivers must register for DOT Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouses
- Be able to pass drug screen
- Have a respectable PSP
- Be at least 23 years of age with satisfactory work and driving history
- No DUI, DWI, or OWI in the past ten years
- No more than two (2) moving violations in a three (3) year period
- No more than two (2) accidents in the last three (3) years (regardless of fault)
- No More that 3 total incidents including accidents or moving violations in past 3 years
- Proper safety equipment: a gauged fire extinguisher and three DOT approved triangles
- Smart Phone w/camera
Towable Division Required Equipment
- Pickup truck that is ¾ or 1 ton or larger (Diesel preferred)
- Truck must be 15 years old or less, preferably less than 10 years, presentable, and in
good condition (may require photos of vehicle)
- Fifth wheel hitch rated for 15,000 pounds or greater. If not present, must commit to purchasing later.
- Heavy duty TT receiver hitch rated at least 10,000 lbs or greater (class IV or V)
- Ball mount rated for 10,000 lbs or greater with leveler bars or weight distribution bars and
balls that are 2 in and 2 5/16
- Electric hook up for trailers: Bargman, 7 prongs, and adaptors
- Extended mirrors that can see past width of trailer
- Marker lights on vehicle cab are recommended
- Mud flaps behind each rear tire that extends 4-6 in from the ground.
- Full rear fenders.
- Brake control
- Battery for Break away (Marine Deep Cycle recommended)
- Six (6) foot safety chain with hooks on each end
- 15K Goose neck and pintle hitch are optional
- DOT Annual Inspection
- Long form of insurance that has physical damage coverage and a minimum of $500,000 Unladen Insurance
- Window tint must exceed 69% measuring (VLT) Visible Light Transmission percentage
- Toolboxes and/or auxiliary fuel tanks must remain 4" or less above bed rails
- No radar/laser detectors or jammers are allowed in commercial vehicles.